Its a recipe from my Mom…
Almond, an age-old brain food is here to do wonders for your child. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein and iron… nutrients that boost brain power. Make it often to keep your kids mentally agile! It is very simple to prepare and can be savored at any time of the day.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 16 mins
- 1/2 cup almond (badam)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- a pinch cardamom powder( optional)
- a few saffron (kesar) strands (optional)
- Make a powder of almond.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the almond powder, mix well and cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add ½ cup of milk and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron mixture and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the sugar dissolves and the ghee separates, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Garnish with almond slivers and serve lukewarm or refrigerate and serve chilled.