- Carrots – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Moong dal 1/4 tsp
- Salt & water
- Cooking oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera (cumin)- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Hing – a pinch
- Wash and grate the carrot.Chop slit chillies,peel garlic and set aside.
- Heat pan with 2 tsp of oil and add moong dal, green chillies,garlic, ginger and grated carrots,saute till the carrot turns pale orange & raw smell leaves.
- Saute carrots till the raw smell leaves completely.It is very important for this chutney else chutney tastes sweet and raw.
- Remove in a plate and let it cool.
- After everything cools down,grind it to a smooth paste adding salt,tamarind, coriander and water.
- Temper all the ingredients given above and add to the chutney.Mix well and serve with idli,dosa, rice.