This simple Broccoli soup is on the table in less than half an hour. Serve with plenty of garlic bread. My 6 year old son loves it…..
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (stems and florets)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped potato (optional)
- Ginger a small piece
- 1 tsp Butter
- Water or Vegetable Stock
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 1 tsp butter in heavy medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, onion, carrot and potato and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add stock or water and bring to boil.
- Cook until broccoli and potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and let it cool. When completely cool with a blender, puree the soup.
- And add it to the cooking pot and Add salt and pepper, to taste, and then replace the lid back on the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with Homemade Garlic Bread.
– adding potato is optional but I prefer adding them as it gives a good taste and thickens to the soup.
– adjust the water quantity to the soup as no cornflour is used.
-I personally don’t prefer adding cornflour for some soups.