Dal soup with vegetables is an interesting variation makes it perfect for dinner this season.
Lentils are a great source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron and zinc. Lentils do not require soaking and are quick and easy to prepare.Bursting with flavor, this dish uses a variety of aromatic and flavorful spices .
A bowl of hot lentil soup with whole wheat brown bread 0r garlic bread makes a filling meal.
- Dal/lentils – 1 tbsp Yellow split peas (you can use masoor dal or moong dal)
- Onion chopped -1/4 cup
- Garlic – 1 cloves
- Potato- 1/4 cup chopped
- Cauliflower-1/4 cup chopped
- Broccoli -1/4 cup chopped
- Grated Carrot- 1/4 cup
- Butter -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Cumin powder to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cornflower -1-2 tsp ( make a paste by add 3-4 tbsp)
Finely Chop onion,garlic, Potato, Cauliflower, Broccoli and keep it ready.
Soak dal for 15 minutes in hot water.(You can reduce the cooking time and fuel by soaking dal).
- Heat butter in a deep pan, add chopped onions, garlic and saute until onions turn transparent.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add soaked dal and 2 cups of water and cook for about 20 min or until potatoes are all cooked.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add salt, cornflour paste and mix well (adjust the water)and bring it to a boil.
- Add grated carrot and lemon juice– Stir to combine.
- Garnish with pepper powder and cumin powder to taste and serve it hot with whole wheat bread or garlic bread
- This recipe makes 4 servings.