Seeme Badane kai or Chayote squash chutney is a side dish and we can have it with rice, chapati, poori, dose or Idly. Seeme badane chutney can be done quickly and do not need much of ingredients and its tasty too.
Health benefits of having Choyate squash/Seeme Badanekai are many, it is rich in vitamin, calcium and iron, it is eaten as similar to cucumber.
- Seeme Badanekai /Choyate squash -1
- onion -1
- Green chillies-2
- Red chilli-1
- Groundnut powder
- Chop onion and Choyate squash.
- Heat a pan add oil and green chillies, then add onion and saute for 2 min now add chopped Choyate squash and fry until it turns a bit tender and golden brown.( it takes 10-15 min)
- now add ginger and garlic.Saute it for two more minutes switch off the stove and cool this mixture.
- Once the mixture has cooled, grind it with coriander,salt,sugar, groundnut powder and a very little water. Make a smooth paste.
- Make the seasoning by placing a ladle on the stove, and add oil.
- Once it has heated, add mustard seeds, hing, turmeric, and curry leaves, and switch off the stove.
- Add this seasoning to the ground mixture and mix them well.
- Now it is ready to serve, you can serve this with rice, chapati, or roti.