Thalipeeth is very easy to make and can be prepared in many ways like with a mixture of different flours and mixed with spices, with sabudana.
This Rice Thalipeeth is prepared with cooked rice. As sometime we have excess cooked rice left over and normally we make it to a lemon rice or a curd rice.Try making this crispy rice thalipeeth can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Thalipeeth is served with butter or thick curd or Tomato sauce. It is a very filling and nutritious breakfast dish.
- Cooked Rice -2 cups
- Jowar flour -1/2 cup
- Chopped onion -1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Handful of chopped coriander and dill
- Oil for frying
- Take all the above ingredients in a plate , except for oil . Mix them.(add little water if the dough is too hard).
Take a handfull ball of dough and pat it on the foil. Using your palm and fingers flatten the dough into a round even disk of 1/2 inch thickness. Make a small hole in the center to thalipeeth so that it can cook evenly.You can apply some oil on your palm and fingers to make the patting easier.
- Heat a flat pan and spread 1 table spoon of oil on a tava/flat pan (If you are using non-stick tava, no need of greasing it, you can add oil later).Place the thalipeeth gently from the foil on to the pan .
- Now cook on a medium flame till it gets brown and crispy .Flip and cook both the sides.