- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup (melted)
- Caster sugar-3/4 cup
- All purpose flour- 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Milk-2 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut-40 gms
For the syrup:
- Caster sugar-4 tbsp
- Honey-1 tbsp
- Water- 1/4 cup
For the topping:
dessicated coconut -25 gms
- Heat the oven to 180 C
- In a large bowl,using an electric hand whisk,beat all the cake ingredients together for 5 minutes until smooth.(Add 1/2 of the coconut in the batter)
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle the other 1/2 dessicated coconut on top.
- Bake for 40-45 min or until done.
- To make the syrup:Pour water into a small pan and add the sugar.
- Place over a low heat,stir until the sugar dissolves,then increase the heat and bring to a rapid boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.Pour in the honey and coconut and mix well.(Do not add honey to hot water , honey becomes toxic if heated).
- Remove the cake from the tin and spoon the mixture over the warm sponge.Cut and enjoy eating.