These little baked cheesy snacks are so easy to make and will be a great little snack while sitting down to watch a movie or a evening tea time snack with aroma of baked onion,cheese and goodness of beetroot….
- All purpose flour-1 cup (maida)
- Chopped Onion-1 cup
- Cheese-1/2 cup
- Oil-1/4 cup
- Melted Butter-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes -1/2 tsp
- Pizza powder mix-1/2 tsp
- Beetroot puree-1/4 cup (optional)
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Mix all the dry ingredients to maida in a bowl.
- Take maida , oil and butter in a bowl .Mix nicely with the tips of your fingers.It will become like breadcrumb.
- Add onion, cheese and beetroot puree and make a hard dough.
- Even if you feel dough is very tight , don’t add water now.When the dough rests for few minutes , moisture from onion and beetroot puree will make the dough a bit loose. So remember not to add extra water .
- Knead the dough well ,cover and keep aside for 10-15 mins .
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 c for 10 mins .
- Once the resting time for dough is over (if you feel its too hard add warm water slowly in steps and make a tight dough and rest it for another min.) , divide the dough into lemon sized balls .Take 1 ball and roll it on a parchment paper and give them a square or any shapes.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins in 180 c . Midway flip once after 10 mins . Once done, place them on a cooling rack to cool .
- Store in air tight containers .
Note : Beetroot puree is optional it gives a good taste and colour to the snack